Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ticked off

I am a bit ticked off today.

I was walking towards my car today after a day on the beach, and I notice a white mark on my navy blue car. So I try to rub it off, thinking that it's probably dirt, or some bird poo. It doesn't go away. I put a bit of water on a towel and rub it again...and again, the mark is still there. Upon closer inspection, I notice that it's actually a scratch, about 7cm long.

Scratches on my car don't usually bother me, they are bound to happen on the car-infested roads and parkings of the UAE, but this particular scratch really ticked me off. Because it's on the hood of my car, and that means that it was an intentional scratch. Some idiot probably came and dragged his key on the hood of my car.

Why do people do that? Why do they intentionally cause harm to other people's property? What satisfaction did scratching my car give the person who did this?I know I've said this before, but I truly believe in this, so here goes again: what goes around comes around...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear this. The same thing happened to me thrice.i too did the same as you did....trying to wipe of ...but bad luck. There such senseless bas.....rds in Dubai.........doing this.Either intentionally or for fun etc..Most of the youngsters are ruthless b....rds...Theyt dont even understand english when you talk to them....These youngsters are the ones who does this....God knows why they still have a visa or why they have a national status here...