Friday, April 28, 2006

Getting to know Dubai

I've realised that, after a year of living here, I do not really know Dubai all that well. I do have my excuses though:

For one, I spend most of my weekends in Abu Dhabi with la familia. And during weekdays, I don't get much of a chance to go out a lot, especially when I have hectic workdays. If I do go out, it's mostly for a movie, or dinner, or a drink. And it's always around the office somewhere to avoid traffic. Plus, I try to stay away from Sheikh Zayed road as much as I can. Driving on that road stresses me out way too much!

All of this limits how much I get to see of Dubai. So I've decided to "expand my horizons" so to speak, and to make it a point to visit new places in Dubai whenever I get the opportunity to.

Be it a restaurant, a bar, a mall, the Gold Souk, the Palm Islands, the Creek, Bab Al Shams...whatever! As long as I get to experience more of what Dubai has to offer, so I can begin to feel like I know this place...and maybe, just maybe, feel like I belong to this place.

7 comments:

nzm said...

Good for you!

When are you going to start?

Yesterday? :-))

lol

Saad said...

I haven't visited Dubai in a while but I've heard that it has really changed. It's no longer just desert.

moryarti said...

let me know if you need any recommendations or directions :)

Dubai Sunshine said...

Hehe...Will let you know Moryarti :)

Saad, Dubai has not been just desert for a really long time now :) How long has it been since you last visited?

NZM, yes, I did start a couple of nights ago....bit by bit, I'll get to see it all hopefully!

Dhow cruise dinner in Dubai said...

A holiday in Dubai remains incomplete without a Dhow cruise on the creek

michael clarke said...

Dubai Dhow Cruise is one of the best place for Dinner.

micheal strong said...

Dhow Dinner Cruise Dubai is great place to have Dinner.