Friday, January 27, 2006

The Year of the Dog


The Year of the Dog is about to begin. Emirates Today's Friday supplement (Etc.) looks at the year ahead for the 12 signs of the Chinese zodiac, so let's see what's in store for someone like me, born in the year of the Snake:

You are: Sexy, intelligent and unforgettable. (Hey, it's written in the article, I did not make this up!). BUT you're needy, childish and prone to the odd fib (not true, not true, and just a tiny bit true...but I never hold a grudge!).

In 2006: You can expect huge changes. These won't come as a surprise - you've been expecting them and looking forward to them - but they could still be a little unsettling. (I like change...bring it on!). Because of this, it may be difficult for you to progress at the rate you usually do. Snakes tend to get noticed, whether they're trying to get attention or not, but this year you may start to sink into the background a bit, especially at work. (hmm...not sure if this is true....I'm rather shy and don't like to be center of attention, especially at work!). While this might sound negative, it's not - you need to ease up on the pace slightly. If you don't, you could suffer from burnout (maybe I do need to start working less and leaving work earlier!). If you're getting fed up with your job (or lack of one - some Snakes have been out of work recently), you'll get the chance to do something new (I am not fed up of my job just yet, but by the end of the year, if there's no progress or change, I might start getting fed up...I do have a tendency of getting fed up of a job after about 1 1/2-2 years). February, March and April are key months with regards to your career, so make an effort to show potential employers what you're made of and capable of (OK...I sure will!).

You'll have some big decisions to make in the coming 12 months, but you shouldn't feel pressurised to make them alone. Take on board the opinions of those you know and love, and you're sure to make the right choices, as they have your best interests at heart (ugh....I hate big decisions, I am such an indecisive person! I always hesitate and have to think things over a million and one times before making a decision!)

Not many Snakes are single, but if you are, you can expect a romantic encounter in May, July or September (I am single!). Travel and romance are linked, so you may enjoy a holiday romance in 2006 (hmm...not travel plans set in stone as of yet, but there may be 2 potential trips this summer...in June and in August, both for weddings. They say the best place to meet a man is at weddings. We'll see about that). Attached Snakes will stay that way. No break-ups for you this year, you'll be pleased to hear. You've already had your fair share of those.

Generally, you can expect the Year of the Dog to be busy, memorable and eventful. There'll be changes a-plenty, but don't be frightened of that. You're easily bored, so knowing that nothing ever stays the same makes you feel happy and relieved (I need change in my life! So I am really looking forward to a year of change, surprises and unexpected events).

So there you have it! The Year of the Dog.

1 comment:

moryarti said...

amusing post :) - best wishes from Kuwait