Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cirque du Soleil


We finally watched Cirque du Soleil's Quidam yesterday. Overall, the show was good. The music was great, the acts were impressive, and the art direction and costumes were stunning.

But this was not the best Cirque show I have seen. I have had the chance to see 2 other live Cirque shows (Varekai and Dralion), and Dralion was by far a better show.

But still, I am glad I got to see this one. The Dhs 400 ticket price for decent seats is a bit steep (something like Dhs 250 would have been more reasonable), and just like when Moryarti went to the Cirque, we were surrounded by crying, screaming children (and infants! Why would someone bring an infant to the Cirque du Soleil, I just don't understand!), and people walking in and out. I guess we should have chosen an 8 o'clock show rather than the 4 o'clock one, but the 4 o'clock show had better seats.

The show is still around for a couple of weeks, so if you get the chance to go see it, I highly recommend you do so. The show is a must-see, if only for its uniqueness when it comes to circuses.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

I have aways dreamed of watching Cirque Du Soleil. But it is too expensive. The cheaper seats are way back in the corner where you will only see the back of the performers. I am disappointed that someone is actually trying to retire early with the price of these tickets! They are simply too expensive for me.
Disappointed Sandie

Anonymous said...

Sandie -- Cirque in Dubai is considerably cheaper than in London, NY and other major cities. Actually the seats in the back are really not bad -- sat in the reserve c section and could see everything. Def worth the money!