Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Prince Charles vs McDonald's

Prince Charles, who is on a Middle-East tour (and is in Dubai today) may have ruffled a few feathers when he said yesterday: "Have you got anywhere with McDonald's? Have you tried getting it banned? That is the key." He was discussing children's eating habits with an Abu Dhabi nutritionist yesterday when he blurted this out.

The news has already spread around the world, like in this article in the Daily Mail. Notice how they point out that a Duchy Original Cornish Pasty (whatever that is) contains more calories, fat and salt than a Big Mac. And incidently, Duchy Original is owned by Prince Charles! Woops...talks about putting your foot in your mouth!

And what about the fact that Prince Harry was recently seen buying chicken nuggets and a burger...Hmm...

Better watch what you're saying there Charlie...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi DS...

All I know is that a Cornish Pasty made me throw up for 2 days strait! It is a savoury pastry like a "chausson" but filled with meat and spices.

It has great potential to be good but I guess the one I ate was past its due date or something - Awful!

Anyhoo, I find it funny when people blame McD for obeseness. I would tend to blame it more on way of life and economics. When I do groceries, the bill is so much higher on weeks we buy fresh veggies, fruits and meat than the lazy weeks of frozen pizza and pasta.

Also with women and me working, kids in all those organised sports and arts programs, people want a quick way to prepare food and buy all sorts of process shit (don't get me wrong, I love that shit!) that is full of salt and sugar (ie carbs) to avoid the fat... Anyway, all I'm saying is that to eat healthy foods, you need a little time and an average household budget (i.e. not be poor)otherwise it is difficult!

have a nice WE

BuJ said...

Hehe.. the Prince is known to say things like that, but the fact that he said it outside the UK is good.. yalla.. maybe they will ban it by order of the new king! (someday!)

KJ said...

This guy is mentally handicapped, although I do agree that the big M should be banned